Celebrating and encouraging leadership development in business, community, and school, the Southpointe CEO Association will award two, $2,500 scholarships to individuals who have demonstrated excellence in leadership and who are employees, or dependents of employees, of Association member organizations. Individuals who have been accepted, and who will study at Southpointe CEO Association member institutions Waynesburg University or Robert Morris University, will have additional scholarship funds awarded from that university if selected as a 2017 awardee.
By awarding scholarships to persons who strive to improve their leadership roles, the SPT CEO Association aims to make the dream of making a difference in the world by completing or earning a university degree a reality.
- 1. Currently an employee of a member organization of the Southpointe CEO Association, or a dependent child of an employee of a member organization of the Association
- 2. Be accepted to attend an institution of higher education to pursue, or complete, an academic degree (letter of acceptance or verification from the institution required). Preference will be given to applicants who plan to attend Higher Education institutions in Pennsylvania
- 3. Submit an essay (not to exceed 1000 words) about current or previous leadership roles in school, business, or the community and address your communication style, leadership, ethical behavior, service and commitment to learning
- 4. Provide two professional letters of recommendation addressing the criteria noted above.
- 5. Recipient will be required to attend a Southpointe CEO Association event, as a guest of the Association, to speak about his or her educational experience and receive the award.
- 6. Complete an application and return with appropriate materials by the deadline date.
Submit Application Material in 3 Ways
- 1. Online
2. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Mail to Southpointe CEO Association, 1000 Consol Energy Drive, Canonsburg, PA 15317
March 3, 2017 at 4:00pm (no exceptions.) Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. Submission through email or online is encouraged to meet the noted deadline.
Awards Announced: April 7, 2017
For additional information, or to receive an application, please contact Dr. Stephanie Urchick, Executive Director, Southpointe CEO Association at email@example.com or 724-747-5055.